Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Adventure: California, Here We Come!



Our group. Some 45 of us 
We're pictured at the General Sherman Tree in Sequoia National Park.


Paul and I met a fascinating group on a Globus Tour to "Northern California's Finest." I have a few stories to tell, and over the next few days, I hope to intrigue you with our adventure. And boy! Did we have one. Just wait till you hear about the night we had to find our luggage by cell phone light! You've heard that song, "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia?" Well, for us, the lights went out in Yosemite.

But first things first.


We arrived on Friday, July 14 at the Marriott Marquis, San Francisco. Isn't that a nice welcome with my name on the TV? 

They should have included Paul (hubby) too, but what can I say? I've always wanted my name in lights, and this is the closest thing to it. I bet the hotel didn't realize I'd share the image with you. Ha! I share lots of stuff.

Before we met our group, we stepped out on floor 39 to The View. It's a beautiful spot with spectacular vistas of San Francisco. The crowd was large, but we managed to elbow our way around and see the city from the beautiful windows.


After a quick look around on the upper floor, we zoomed back down to meet Linda. 



Linda Perez, our Globus Tour Director, gave an overview of our coming trip. Sorry the pic is grainy. I usually do a better photo job. This entertaining and well informed lady is blessed with an incredible memory. She learned every name that night. Can you imagine? I need name tags when I meet a group for the first time, and this group was large. We all introduced ourselves, and I tried to remember faces with names. 

Paul and I sat at a table with six people. Five from New York, and one from Columbia.  I'd like to introduce everybody to you, and that's not possible, but I want you to meet one couple. Richard and Carole Steer.


This charming duo is from New York and we had a blast with them. We attended a star gazing program together one cold, dark night. Richard cracked me up when I heard him tell Carole, "I sure am glad I put my pants back on."

Now that takes some explanation. Right?

This savvy couple were wearing LL Bean clothes for travelers. During the warmer hours of the day, Richard converted his trousers to shorts. You see, he was wearing the Signature LL Bean Zip-Off Pants. When the temperature dropped, he zipped the longer portion back on. Shorts became long pants. Now his comment makes sense. Right? But if you didn't know that and you heard him make that comment, you'd wonder what he'd been doing.

I'll leave you with that thought, but stay tuned for more of our adventure. 

And here's a reminder. Mattie's Choice releases on September 15. I can hardly wait for Mattie to arrive.


Until next time,




No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas